Complete Your Application Today
To apply for a North Star Youth Exchange program, complete the following steps:
Step 1: Contact Your Local Rotary Club
Contact your local Rotary club or visit their website and find out about the youth exchange program. Click here to find your local club.
- If your community is not listed, you can find additional information here: District 5960 (south eastern MN and western WI) and District 5950 (south western MN)
- If you do not find a Rotary Club in District 5950 or 5960 that are involved in Youth Exchange, go ahead and fill out your application and we will find a Club to sponsor you.
Step 2: Fill out Your Online Application
Follow the link below to start your online application.
Step 3: Submit Required Documents
**Scan all documents right side up, do not take photos in lieu of a good, clean scan; otherwise your document may be rejected.
- Dental Report: Download blank form, filled out by you and your dentist
- Guarantee Form: Download blank form, completed by you and your sponsoring Rotary Club
- Signed Authorization: Download blank form, read carefully, signed by you, your parents and the sponsoring Rotary Club
- Orientation Agreement: Download blank form, please mark the dates on your family calendar to ensure there are no conflicts.
- Host Family Referrals: Download blank form
- Medical Report: Download blank form, filled out by you and your health care provider
- Additional Medical forms: If needed, to list immunizations or other special information. If you have no additional page, skip this step.
- Official School Transcript: An official High School transcript.
- Supplemental Health Form: Download blank form
Deadlines & Resources
- October 31, 2016 is the deadline for completed online applications.
- Your Rotary club representative will read your application and contact you for a local interview time in late October.
- Local Rotary Clubs will set their own date for your Club interview.
- November 1, 2016: Deadline for the North Star office to have all four of the following forms:
- Medical Report and Additional Medical Forms (if needed)
- Official School Transcript
- Supplemental Health Form
- School Reference Form (requested via URL link)
- November 19, 2016: North Star wide interviews.
- If the local club approves your application and interview, you will receive notification from the North Star office as to what time of the day your interview will be on November 19.
- January 20, 2017: If accepted, deadline for the North Star office to have all six of the following forms:
- Dental Report
- Guarantee Form
- Signed Authorization
- Orientation Agreement
- Host Family Referrals