Help Guide Our Program
Volunteers are critical to the success of our exchange program. Without our wonderful Club Counselors, Youth Exchange Officers (YEOs), Country Officers and administrative volunteers this program would not exist!
Interested in getting involved?
Complete the Volunteer Application today – you’ll need to fill out a form online, submit a background check, and plan on attending a few important trainings.
DOS Test and Background Check Process
- The DOS test is the Department of State test that all North Star Volunteers take that have access to data in the HUB. The DOS test needs to be renewed annually. Please refer to the DOS Study Guide so you are prepared prior to the exam.
- Background Check: You will need to submit a new background check each year.
- New Volunteers: After completing your Volunteer application you will receive an email from IntelliCorp requesting information to complete your background check.
- Renewing Volunteers: A few weeks before your background check expires you will receive a renewal notification email.
Creating a DOS Account
To take the DOS test you should have received an automated email thanking you for your Volunteer application. This email contains important information for creating your user account in the DOS testing system.
- Please use the DOS Person ID # as your Username and Password when logging in
- New Volunteers: Refer to the “Thank you for applying” email that came from North Star. In that email is your username and password.
- Renewing Volunteers: If you don’t know your username and password for the DOS test, please log in to the HUB and locate your DOS Person ID located on your “Volunteer detail” tab in the lower right corner is your number starting with 5950… or 5960…. Be sure to take the DOS test before it is due or you may get locked out of the HUB. Suggestion: record this number and keep it safe as you will need every year.
Information for Officers & Volunteers
Officer & Volunteer Resources
Helpful materials for officers.
- North Star Calendar 2017-18 Rev 9-25
- Sample To-Do List for Club Committee Members
- Youth Exchange Counselor Role For Inbound & Outbounds
- Myth Busting!
- Finding Host Families
- Tips for a successful club experience: Recruiting Host Families
- East Coast Brochure 2018
- Rotary International website
- Rotary District 5950 website
- Rotary District 5960 website
- NAYEN – North American Youth Exchange Network
Orientation #1 – Outbound CandidatesRoseville Area Middle School 8:15 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Inbound Students Service Education DayRoseville Area Middle School 8:45 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.